We went on such a beautiful hike last weekend! There is a beautiful mountain called Mt. Elgon behind us, and we got a Ugandan to guide us up it. Other than GA, I've never seen such amazing green everywhere and I was loving it. But a ways up, I was hurting. My country director gave me a million reasons why ("you didn't eat enough with your malaria pill" "jet lag can take up to 3 weeks to recover from" "the altitude is really different here", "this hike is really steep") But the real reason must just be that I am hecka weak, because I was sure I would pass out if I kept walking. My CD took me back down early, and I felt well again shortly thereafter. But luckily I did get a few pictures before I wimped out!
Children who live on Mt. Elgon
Ugandan market. This section is full of tailors.
No comments:
Post a Comment