Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Zoo (well, kind of...)



So our friend, Blake, has been telling us about his dad who loves animals. He told us that he had a lot, so Nae and I were excited about our trip to the "zoo". And he wasn't kidding!

Chinchilla....
Pretty birds (he has 2 aviaries)
This is me holding a chinchilla. Good thing Blake and Janae said something or I think I would have squeezed the life out of the poor thing...
This is Blake hitting the Rhea's cage. Otherwise it may have eaten us.
This is Janae with a rhea. It's a mini-ostrich.

Nae with a chinchilla (if you haven't guessed, it was the only thing we were brave enough to hold :) )
Me with a chinchilla. Janae says I look like a proud dad who doesn't know how to hold my newborn baby.

There were actually many more pictures, and many more animals, but this is taking me way too long to attach them :) Nonetheless, we had a great time!


2 comments:

  1. jenae is right. you do look like a proud dad. i see you already changed the name of your blog. couldn't figure out how to properly spell darnest huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed I wasn't posting as much about my students as I had originally planned, so it seemed like the new name was more appropriate...

    ReplyDelete