Joy in the Journey

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why Blog?

I have always thought of blogging as a married person thing. I never really thought I would start one until later down the road, but I've come to the conclusion that there are better reasons to have one, than not. Here are 3 of them:

1) The number one reason for starting my blog is because I think it will help me to stay in touch with my family. Living a state away, I want a way to feel connected and keep them updated on what I'm doing. (I'm also sure I'll look at their blogs more often if I have one :)) Here's one to you guys!

2) I like to write. Its a little known fact, really. But when I was in 3rd grade, Miss Pew read part of my squiggle story aloud and said I was a good writer. I think that left an impression.

3) People often ask me what latest funny thing my 1st grade students have said or done. I've started keeping a google document so I can remember them. A blog seemed like a great way to share some of those things (with names changed, of course). Hence, the title of the blog.

I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures you will see here. I know blogs aren't very interesting without pictures, but I don't take very many. I'll do my best! Thank you all for your love and care. I know that my life is filled with many compassionate individuals who mean a lot to me.

5 comments:

  1. nice first post! now read my blog! ha ha jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bonus to blogging is having a journal full of fun or excited events that may have otherwise been forgotten about, had you not blogged about them. =) Congrats on your first post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Janae's...I am excited to hear about what you are up to! And what funny things you have to write about the kids in your class. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    Blogging is not just the domain of the married.
    So glad I found your blog.
    Logan

    ReplyDelete