"Ashley:
I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful example you are to me. You are always smiling, have a positive attitude, are so outgoing, and there to cheer up anyone who isn't feeling so great. You are the type of person I hope to be like someday. I appreciate your Savior-like example. Thanks again,
Amanda Nicoll" [now Kelsch]
The note was dated Dec 29, 2000- when we were 14. I had so many thoughts going through my head. First, it seemed perfectly Amanda-like to be thoughtful enough to write something so sweet. Secondly I thought how I felt very un-outgoing. (This is the girl who had heart palpitations every time I had to order at a drive-thru window). And thirdly I thought that Heavenly Father must have known that I might need that note more when I was 24 years old, then 14.
Thanks, Mana, you are the person I hope to be like someday.
Oh, I agree, the Lord knew you would need that note ... but I also think it goes to show that your love and great example transcends time, It's who you are- then and now... and many of us all feel this way, 10 yrs ago as well as today :)
ReplyDelete